Wednesday, June 20, 2007

We Finished!!!!!

My first 1/2 Marathon experience is over! It was great! I did better than I expected, finishing in 2 hours 6 min. and 52 seconds! I finished 2350th out of 5261 overall, 948th out of 2934 female runners! Nick didn't get any photos of me running, but there are some online at marathonfoto.com just look up the Grandmas Marathon& Half 2007, last name Shilman and race # F3530. We boarded buses at the UMD campus to take us to the starting line at around 5am

It was a beautiful day! About 65 degrees at the start of the race and 75 by 9:00, they said it was the second hottest race in Grandmas Marathon history. This is just a picture of the crowd in the downtown area, about 2 miles from the finish.

Since Nick missed taking a photo of either of us running, we posed for the camera, post race.



















Maggie and Me with our medals.....


And our sunburns! Ooops - forgot the sunscreen! I forgot to pack some sunscreen for post race, big mistake!





Copper was just happy that it was a nice weekend and he could be outside to play.

1 comment:

WAKonings said...

Awesome site guys! The mtn biking pics make me want to go do it myself. Copper is cute. I'm sure Matty would love to play in the mud with him (her?). Keep the posts coming!