Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!




It is my 30th birthday today. I don't feel like I"m 30 - although who really knows what it's supposed to feel like anyway. Mainly I'm surprised at how fast the time has gone - what a great ride it has been. I cherish all of it - the ups and downs, because those experiences make me appreciate all that I have - A wonderful family, a beautiful baby boy, an awesome husband - and great friends! My life is truly blessed and I am so thankful!

I had a great weekend - we took a last minute trip up the shore of Lake Superior. Met up with my Mom and Dad who were spending a few days at Naniboujou lodge for their 40th (August 17th was the actual date). They didn't mind that we crashed their party - I asked first!

The weather was beautiful and the leaves on the trees were in all their fall glory! We met Mom and Dad z at the Naniboujou lodge last night and had a wonderful meal. This morning we went on a hike that I have been wanting to take since we have lived in northern MN - Devil's Kettle. It was awesome! Sam and Copper enjoyed themselves too!

Grandpa and Grandma zumBrunnen.

Grandpa z and Sam

Mommy and Sammy

Naniboujou great room. We had a table right in front of the stone fireplace.

The Brule River

Sam Loves "hiking" in his backpack carrier - thanks Nate and Angie!
Devil's Kettle
Looking over the edge.

Sam's not too sure about this.....

Nap time!

Could have been the Christmas card picture, but Sam was sleeping in the car with Grandma on this little hike up Cascade river.

At the end of Temperance River - we saw quite a few salmon in the water and Sam enjoyed tasting rocks!


This is a funny video of what it's like watching Sam laugh at himself laughing in videos....

No comments: