Monday, November 22, 2010

Lefse is Beautiful!

We had a great weekend of making Lefse, Krumkake and beer! Erica and John came up to give us a hand. Lots of good food! John treated us to home made eggs benedict with hash browns on Saturday morning - YUM!


We also experienced Duluth's newest Sushi restaurant - Hanabi - FIVE STARS! It was awesome. Bentleyville was a bit chilly - but the new Christmas tree was pretty cool - the lights flash on and off with the music, definitely a must see if you are in Duluth during the holiday season.

Here are a few pictures of our Lefse and Krumkake making.....

Mashing the potatoes


Ricing the potatoes

Rolling out the dough - pretty tricky, especially when it wants to stick!


The finished product!

Nick and John - brewing beer, it will be ready in about 2 weeks. Just in time for Christmas!

On Sunday we tackled the Krumkake




I don't have any pictures of the finished Krumkake, but it turned out well too!
Uftdah!!!!

2 comments:

Jeannine zumBrunnen said...

We're so proud of you for trying out some traditions! However, making the beer is a new one!

Susie said...

Sarah:
Your blog is delightful! I enjoyed reading it. I think my pizelle iron is very similar to the one for krukake (?sp), the only difference is I bet the fact that one is rolled and one is flat with anise. Mr. Sam is looking so big now! Congrats to Nick on the new business, he has a very nice store there!

Susie